Your Main Dentist
Every DentaQuest member has a Main Dentist. If you did not pick a Main Dentist when you signed your child up, a Main Dentist near your home was assigned to your child. This is the Main Dentist your child would visit for most dental care. If your child has serious conditions, your child’s Main Dentist also can send your child to a specialist. At a minimum, every child should visit his/her Main Dentist every 6 months to get and maintain a healthy smile. If you need help setting up appointments for your child, you can contact us and we can help.
In the case of a counseling or referral service that DentaQuest does not cover because of moral or religious objections, DentaQuest must inform Members that the service is not covered by DentaQuest. DentaQuest will inform Members how they can obtain information from the State about how to access these services that are not covered due to moral or religious objections. At this time, DentaQuest does not have any services that would be denied due to moral or religious objections.
Unsure of Your Child’s Main Dentist or Need To Pick a New One?
If you are not sure who your child’s Main Dentist is, want to pick a new Main Dentist, need help making an appointment or accessing services, you can contact us.
What if I choose to take my child to another dentist who is not my child’s Main Dentist?
Your Main Dentist will give you preventive care and will refer you to specialists as needed. You will need a referral from your Main Dentist to see another dentist. To look for a new dentist now, you can use our Online Provider Directory.
How can I change my child's Main Dentist?
You can change your dentist these ways:
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Driscoll Children's Health Plan
Care N' Care
Cigna Medicare Advantage
Dental Care Plus
Global Health Medicare
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Advantage
Personal Dental Plans
To get started, you need to tell the search where you are and what plan you have:
1. If you have not used the search before, it will ask you to choose a location. You can enter your address, city or zip code or click on "use your current location."
2. Click on the All Plans link. If you don't see your plan listed, click on Find a Different Plan. Then just pick your plan from the list.
Then you can look up dentist in three ways:
3. Find a Dentist by Name – If you know the name of the dentist you want, click on “Dentist by Name” and enter their last name in the search bar. Click on the name when it shows up below the search bar.
4. Find a Dentist by Specialty – If you want to find a specific kind of dentist, choose this option. Just start entering the type of dentist you want. The search bar will show suggestions to help as you type.
5. Find Services by Location – Use this if you know the name of the dentist office or care center and would like to know the address, phone number, office hours and other information.
No matter which way you search, you can get more information on the dentists like their hours, whether they are accepting new patients or are wheelchair accessible. You can even get directions to their office!